Scalp & Beard Micropigmentation
Replication of Hair Follicles & Hair Density
Replication of hair follicles gives you the illusion of the ‘shaven look which can be achieved in areas such as the scalp, beard and other parts of the body. Using both medical and cosmetic type methods, fully FDA approved ink and equipment, we are able to achieve a natural hair follicle illusion on the skin. Hair ink density is a combination of replication of hair follicles but repeated and built up in a refined way to achieve a denser and fuller looking area of hair. At Medinkx, you can benefit of a modern and effective treatment with immediate subtle results. Scalp Micropigmentation is a recent technique designed to help both men and women who experience hair loss.
How Can Scalp Micropigmentation help?
- Create the appearance of full, thick hair.
- Help camouflage the symptoms of alopecia, even if recurrent or severe.
- Help hide hair transplant scars.
- Provide additional thickness and density to existing hair & hair transplant solutions.
- Reshape the hairline and side profiles to give a younger, more natural look.
The treatment is aimed to create a shaven stubble look covering all if not parts of the scalp. The aim is to keep it as natural as possible to the hairline but can be customised if needed so.
Who is the Treatment for?
- Both men and women of different hair colour.
- Both men and women who have suffered with hair loss and/or alopecia.
- Suitable for anyone who has undergone hair transplant surgery including Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT or Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE).
- Female hair loss is a growing problem due to many factors such as hormones, stress, environmental changes, medical conditions etc. Scalp Micropigmentation can help disguise the bald patches and also create the look for a fuller and thicker looking hair.
Scalp Micropigmentation can enhance and compliment these treatments by creating a denser look and covering areas where hair has been removed. Anyone under 18 will need a referral letter from the doctor and approval from the insurers.
How long Does it Last & How much is it?
Scalp Micropigmentation can last up to 10 years providing adequate care is taken. Each person will experience longevity of the treatment differently. It is strongly recommended that sun cream is used to protect the scalp from exposure to the sun. To keep the pigment looking fresh, we recommend a touch up every 18 – 24 months.
How much does it Cost?
This will vary depending on the area you would like to cover. Using the above chart as a guide, from Class 1 -7 the price of the treatment ranges from £250 to £1200. For example, hair loss such Class 6, would cost between £800-£1000.
*Dependent on the location of the clinic, we may be prohibited to apply numbing cream due to local legislations.
* In some cases, we will carry out pro bono work for medical patients. Please ask for further details.
With the growing trend for beards, we now carry out hair follicle replication on beards and any facial hair. The process is the same of Scalp Micropigmentation and the costs will differ based on coverage if area.
An initial consultation is required to discuss what you like to achieve, a test patch and colour assessment is undertaken along with working with yourself on the design and hairline. At this stage, we will be able to determine the number sessions required which can be anything from 2 – 5 sessions over a few weeks depending on the requirements. The equipment used is state of the art digital equipment with super fine customised needles used to replicate the scalp hair follicles. These super fine needles implant pigment into the scalp going as far down to the dermal layer.
Each treatment will vary with time from 1 to 4 hours. Using specialist machine and fine needle, pigment is applied to the skin.
The Follow Up
Between 7 to 10 day after the first treatment, a number of follow up treatment(s) will be needed to add more pigment and complete the treatment. Areas of the scalp will be darkened and appear denser each time. Please bear in mind, some people may experience small/tiny scabbing and mild itchiness during the healing stage. After your consultation and assessment, the first session will be subtle filling and creation off hairline. The second session on wards will be intense filling and completion to meet expectations.